§ 1 Preamble
The MAICO web pages are an offering from Maico Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH (hereinafter referred to as MAICO). MAICO uses its website to inform customers and interested parties of fan and ventilation engineering products. We attach great importance to protecting your personal data as we collect, process and use it during your visit to the MAICO web pages. We only collect, process and use your data as specified by law, as prescribed for example in the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the German Telemedia Act (TMG) or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The MAICO web pages are in line with the regulations as laid down in the data protection regulations. This grants you the user of these web pages peace of mind that your personal rights and the right to informational self-determination are being observed and granted. The following declaration gives you explanatory information about how we handle your data.
§ 2 Data collection and processing, usage of person-related data
(1) You can visit the MAICO web pages without giving any information about yourself. MAICO is constantly working on improving and updating the information provided on its web pages for customers and interested parties in order to raise the appeal of its website. To this end, each time the MAICO web pages are accessed, data regarding the request for the website is stored (visitor, usage, origin and Web technology). This data is not assigned to any natural person and is only used by MAICO for internal and statistical purposes (hereinafter referred to as "visitor data").
(2) In order to make use of certain functions and to improve the appeal of its web pages, MAICO uses so-called cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer. Most of the cookies used by MAICO are deleted from your hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable MAICO to recognise your computer the next time you visit us (so-called long term cookies). You can, however, modify your browser settings so that you are informed when cookies are sent, allowing you to decide on a case-to-case basis whether to accept them or not or you can generally exclude the acceptance of cookies. However, the non-acceptance of cookies may restrict the full functionality of the MAICO website.
(3) When visiting the MAICO web pages, data is collected and stored in an anonymised form for marketing and optimisation purposes, through the deployment of web analysis software. Using the acquired visitor data, MAICO creates anonymised user profiles for the purposes of promotion, market research and to improve the appeal of the information on offer. It is not however possible to identify you as a person from this information. Visitor data is not passed on to third parties.
(4) Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and truncated there. On behalf of the operating company of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and Internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data held by Google.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. You may also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are truncated before further processing; the possibility of associating them with a specific person can thus be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and improve the use of our website on a regular basis. With the acquired statistics, we can improve our site and better design it to be more interesting to you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal information is transferred to the US, Google has submitted itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
- [This website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of visitor traffic conducted through a user ID. You can disable cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My Data”, “Personal Data”.]
- You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
(5) Use of Google Adwords Conversion
- We use the services of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of promotional means (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the promotional campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual promotional measures are. We are then able to show you advertisements that are of interest to you, to design our website to be more appealing to you and to achieve a fair evaluation of promotional costs.
- These promotional means are provided by Google via so-called “ad servers”. We use ad server cookies for this, which can be used to measure certain parameters for evaluating success, such as number of ads shown or clicks by the users. If you access our website through a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant to post-view conversions), and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) will usually be saved for this cookie as analysis values.
- These cookies allow Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer’s website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, Google and the customer will be able to detect that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot be tracked through the websites of Adwords customers. We do not collect or process any personal data in the aforementioned promotional measures. We only receive statistical evaluations provided by Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can identify which of the promotional measures used were particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the promotional means; in particular we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
- Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no control over the extent and the further use of the data that is collected with this tool by Google and according to our information and knowledge declare that by integrating AdWords Conversion, Google receives information that you have accessed the relevant part of our website or have clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google may associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a chance that the provider will find and store your IP address.
- You can prevent participation in this tracking process in several ways:
a) by adjusting your browser software settings accordingly; in particular, the suppression of third-party cookies will prevent you from receiving any third-party advertisements;
b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, with this setting being removed when you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating the interest-based advertisements of the providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies;
d) through permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers by the following the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please be advised that in this case you may not be able to use all the features of this service to their full extent.
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR. For more information about data privacy at Google, see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. As an alternative, you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework.
(6) Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or other contact data (hereinafter referred to as "personal data") are not recorded unless you have provided the data voluntarily. This may be the case, for example, when requesting a quotation, when registering for our newsletter, when generating a ventilation certificate, as part of an online registration for a training seminar, when registering to be added to the press mailing list or when requesting product information. With regard to the deletion of details and the withdrawal of consent, we would also advise you to refer to § 6 of this declaration.
(7) If you have provided MAICO with personal data via the information system, MAICO only uses this data to respond to your requests and enquiries. In particular MAICO uses your details to provide any information you have requested (by phone, e-mail or by post). If you have provided your e-mail address and other contact details, MAICO will send you the corresponding information. The data you provide is stored in a file or in an e-mail program and used for the correspondence to provide the information requested. If you have sent MAICO an inquiry/request from the respective information page, MAICO will forward this to the appropriate contact person. Person-related data will be collected and processed for the following services and functions:
- Subscription to the MAICO newsletter: Title, first name, surname, company, address, postcode, town, e-mail address
(1) Our website uses the services of MailChimp for sending newsletters. The provider is Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
(2) MailChimp is a service that, among other things, can be used to distribute newsletters as well as organise and analyse them. If you enter data for the purposes of subscribing to the newsletter (e.g., e-mail addresses), it will be stored on MailChimp’s servers in the United States.
(3) MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield is an agreement between the European Union (EU) and the US to ensure compliance with European data protection standards in the United States.
(4) With the help of MailChimp we can analyse our newsletter campaigns. When you open an e-mail sent by MailChimp, a file included in the e-mail (a so-called web beacon) connects to MailChimp’s servers in the United States. This way you can determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links have been clicked on. In addition, technical information is collected (e.g., time of retrieval, IP address, browser type and operating system). This information cannot be assigned to the respective newsletter recipient. They are used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of the analysis can be used to better tailor future newsletters to the interests of the recipient.
(5) If you do not want to be analysed by MailChimp, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. We provide a link for this in every newsletter message. Furthermore, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on the website under Unsubscribe Newsletter, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by a message to the contact information specified in the Acknowledgments.
(6) The data processing takes place on the basis of your consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR). You can revoke this consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. The legality of the data processing operations that have already been completed shall remain unaffected by the withdrawal.
- Registration for the press mailing list: Company, title, first name, surname, street/number, postcode/town, telephone, fax, e-mail address
- Creating a request for quotation: Company, department, first name, surname, street and house number, postcode, town, country, e-mail address, telephone, fax
- Requesting product information: Title, first name, surname, street/number, postcode/town, telephone, fax, e-mail address and the corresponding area of interest about which information should be sent
- Online registration for training seminars / webinars: Company, street/number, postcode/town, telephone, fax, e-mail, first names and surnames of the participants
- Generating a ventilation certificate: Object data (street/number, postcode/town), agent, company name, company address
- Agent search: Postcode
- Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly from the website and allows you to conveniently use the map feature.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in point 3 of this statement will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account where you are logged in, or if there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses these for advertising, market research and/or configuration of its website. Such an evaluation is done in particular to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other social network users about their activities on our website (even for users who are not logged in). You have a right of objection to the formation of these user profiles, although you must contact Google to do this.
§ 3 Dissemination of person-related data
Your person-related data is treated with confidentiality at all times. Your personal data will not be disseminated, sold or passed on in any other way to third parties unless MAICO is obliged by law or a court ruling to do so or if such action is needed for prosecution or law enforcement should MAICO's IT infrastructure be attacked.
§ 4 External links
§ 5 Safety instructions
MAICO strives to take all the necessary technical and organisational security measures to store your person-related data such that it is not accessible to either third parties or the general public. If you contact us by e-mail, we would advise you that we cannot ensure the confidentiality of any information provided. Third parties may access the content of e-mails. We would therefore advise you to send us confidential information exclusively by post.
§ 6 Right to information, cancellation and deletion
(1) You can withdraw your future consent to subscribe for newsletters at any time by entering your e-mail address in the box provided on the Unsubscribe Newsletter web page.
(2) You can withdraw your consent for receiving mail by post at any time with effect for the future by removing your address from the mailing list by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the Acknowledgments.
(3) You have the following rights with respect to MAICO:
- Right to free information about your data
- Right to correction, blocking or deletion of your data
- Right to object to the processing of your data
- Right to data portability of your data
- Right to limit the processing of your data
- Right to make a complaint to a data protection authority about the processing of personal data
For this, please contact the party responsible or the contact person for data protection.
§ 7 Contact person for data protection according to Article 4 (7) GDPR
In the event of questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your person-related data and for information, rectification, refusal of access or deletion of data and the revocation of consents granted, please contact:
Corporate and Data Privacy Consultation
Dipl.-Ing. Jorg Hagen
Tel. 05108 90 90 112
§ 8 Party responsible for data protection in accordance with Article 4 (7) GDPR
Maico Elektroapparate-Fabrik GmbH
78056 Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
Tel. 07720 694-0
Version: Date 25/05/2018